Any problem with a 1.8MB blob in the tree? Re: Please try to upgrade an alpha10 when enforcing new rules in samdb

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Sep 18 00:10:37 MDT 2010

  Volker, Andrew,

>>> tdbdump would certainly be a reasonable option.  It would reconstruct
>>> the tdb in a much more accurate manner than ldif would (due to modules,
>>> indexes etc).

>>> OK.  Could you help Matthieu if he has any problem with the scripts to
>>> create and reconstruct from tdbdump files?
Ok but it's not gonna be the ultimate solution as the dump still weight

-rw------- 1 mat mat 22290432 2010-08-19 23:28 s.ldb
-rw-r--r-- 1 mat mat 11058520 2010-09-18 09:49 s

s.ldb is the CN=Schema[...].ldb file and s its dump.

-rw-r--r-- 1 mat mat 540K 2010-09-18 09:49 s.bz2
-rw------- 1 mat mat 1,9M 2010-09-18 09:49 s.ldb.bz2

I suppose that we shouldn't have an archive with the provision but all
the file in text. Am I right ?

>> You might want to look at the code in bug 6806. This is not
>> perfect yet, but it is a start and I would like to give
>> credit to the author.
I have not the knowledge to review this kind of patch, can someone do it ?

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org