Trouble vampiring W2K3 into Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 with Samba4

Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar dgz at trustedtranslations.com
Wed Sep 1 19:08:25 MDT 2010

  I find out the reason why I couldn't vampire the W2K3 AD for the
second time. The reason is I was only removing the Samba4 AD recently
joined from the Domain Controllers section of Active Directory Users and
Computers. To completely remove any reference its also necessary to
remove the server from the Sites/Servers section of Active Directory
Sites and Services.

As I saw on my threads the partially removed joined AD are also the
cause for this kind error messages on Samba:

dreplsrv_notify: Failed to send DsReplicaSync to
3dac8179-a019-4a04-a8d4-bbc80bfbde7e._msdcs.trusted.trusted for
DC=trusted,DC=trusted - NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND : WERR_BADFILE

On the other hand I made the vampired Samba4 AD work by configuring the
BIND zones for my domain slave zones of the DNS running on the W2K3
Server which is good for testing purposes but as I want to shutdown the
W2K3 Server would be nice to have independence. Any help regarding the
proper DNS configuration for a vampired server will be highly appreciated :)

Cheers,
Diego