Trouble vampiring W2K3 into Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 with Samba4

Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar dgz at trustedtranslations.com
Wed Sep 1 15:54:06 MDT 2010

  Dear Michel,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. In this case I already deleted
/usr/local/samba completely and build and vampired from a completely
clean git pull. Maybe to narrow down the problem you can confirm a
couple of things for me before I get any further into detail. So far
what I did is:

- Install required packages on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 (BIND 9.7.0-P1 included)
- Get Samba4 source through git
- configure.developer, make, make tests, sudo make install (samba
version 4.0.0alpha12-GIT-5b875a8)
- sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/net vampire company.company -Ugod
--realm=company.company (my administrator is called god)

I only made the steps described above. Is there a missing step? Also on
the vampiring process I've got this warnings:

../dsdb/common/util.c:3001: WARNING: domainFunctionality not setup

Is this okay?

TIA for your help!
Diego