Rewrite:List Servers not implemented.

hemanth kumar hemanthkm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 00:17:31 MDT 2010

smbclient of samba 3 is giving the following output...

[root at cnilab ~]# smbclient -L 192.168.1.199 -U%
Unknown parameter encountered: "server role"
Ignoring unknown parameter "server role"
Unknown parameter encountered: "setup directory"
Ignoring unknown parameter "setup directory"
Domain=[SAMBA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.0.0alpha13]
Domain=[SAMBA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.0.0alpha13]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        netlogon        Disk
        sysvol          Disk
        test            Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.0.0alpha13)
        ADMIN$          Disk      DISK Service (Samba 4.0.0alpha13)

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
[root at cnilab ~]#

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please send your messages to samba-technical as well when you reply.
>
> On 27 October 2010 07:05, hemanth kumar <hemanthkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > i gave this command  #smbclient -L localhost -U%
>
> OK.  Did you read the rest of my reply?
>
> > On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >> So this is just not implemented yet for Samba 4's version of
> >> smbclient.  You should probably try a version of smbclient from Samba
> >> 3.
> [...]
>
> --
> Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>