Samba 4: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND error

Aaron archive at greenbtn.com
Wed Oct 27 11:39:09 MDT 2010

Hi Matthias,

I've installed S4 and provisioned a fresh domain, it's the only DC.

This error shows up in the logs, from what I can see this occurs when
cron runs a command as a unix user.  I haven't had any issues using unix
or AD users, everything seems to work properly, and I'm able to log in
via both types of user account -- that being said, this error is showing
up regularly in my logs.

As I mentioned, the wbinfo command also shows the same error when I use
the all-domains parameter .. doesn't stop me from using it from what
I've seen, but I'm reading this as "I have misconfigured something
non-obvious".