SMB.CONF file to support kanji charcters!!

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sun Oct 24 08:59:21 MDT 2010

Hello,

2010/10/24 ranji <ranjith.rajendran at wipro.com>:

> @ TAKAHASHI Motonobu-2
> Thanks...!!
> In my existing smb.conf , I will tweaking the values for realm as per the
> Domain name as shown beLow:
>
>  realm = SYSDO.JP.CO  ,here SYSDO.JP.CO is the domain name.
>  realm = ..".,(JUNK chars) ,here i get junk charaters inplace of domain
> name with KANJI chars.
>
> If " unix charset = UTF8 " is set in SMB.conf, Will it solve my issue..???
> Will I be able to write KANJI characters into it,then?????

You will correctly *display* Japanese chars to install proper fonts
and to set properly
(or to use tools which support Japanese).

But I have never set Japanese chars to realm parameter, though Microsoft
supports UTF-8 chars ( see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909264/ ).

In addition  we will usually set ASCII chars only into Active Directory domain
name in Japan.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>