[Samba] SAMBA 4 ACL support

Vaclav Klecanda vencax77 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:41:10 MDT 2010

Hi Michael,
thanks for your reply. I have gone further with experimenting. I have given
up the ntfs FS and sucessfuly set up serving files from ext3 filesystem
setting ntvfs handler = linuxuid. Maybe the ntfs didnt work because the ntfs
acl handler is not yet completed. It is possible but there is no information
about that nowhere. That why I asked on this forum.
For those who experiments as well with ntfs maybe useful info that I forgot
to add into my orig question: I had ntfs-3g driver to handle the ntfs
partition. I don't actully know if it supports ACL but expect it does.
Maybe another usefull note: When I wanted to set share's permissions from
windows box I have all relevant buttons and controls on the win GUI
disabled. Later on I found out my stupid mistake: I forgot to add "readonly
= No" declaration into the shares definition in smb.conf. WHen I have done
it I was able to set up the permissions. It costed me lots of energy so be
carefull with proper setting smb.conf.

Keep on good work samba team,
VAsek