joining a a DC via vampire fails

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Thu Oct 14 13:53:43 MDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 21:50 +0300, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 21:43, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>         On 25 September 2010 03:35, Kamen Mazdrashki
>         <kamenim at samba.org> wrote:
>         > Hello Frank,
>         >
>         > I have a fix for the vampire and I guess it will be in
>         master in 1 or 2
>         > days.
>         > I just wanted to make some more tests with windows boxes I
>         have.
>         > So far it is quite stable.
>         >
>         > If you want to give it a try before it makes its way to
>         master,
>         > you can get it from my 'net-vampire-fix' branch at
>         > git://git.samba.org/kamenim/samba.git
>         >
>         > Just a quick how-to how to get the branch.
>         > You can clone directly from the above mentioned repo and
>         then
>         > checkout the branch like: git checkout -b net-vampire-fix
>         > origin/net-vampire-fix
>         > Or, you can do it in your Samba4 working directory like this
>         > 1. git remote add kamenim
>         git://git.samba.org/kamenim/samba.git
>         > 2. git fetch kamenim
>         > 3. git checkout -b net-vampire-fix origin/net-vampire-fix
>

>         I assume this should be:
>         git checkout -b net-vampire-fix kamenim/net-vampire-fix
>

> Yes! Sorry for the typo, it was quite late (early) when I wrote the
> mail :)
>
>         > 4. then build it in normal way
>
>         --
>

>         Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>
>

> --
> CU,
> Kamen

Hi Kamen,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this.  I've had an addition to
the family arrive and the assorted interruptions that come with that.

I am unable to get to your git repository.  I cannot access git://
protocols through my corporate firewall.  I am currently retrieving the
main repository as http://.  When I try to retrieve your repository via
http:  I get the following error:
    fatal: http://git.samba.org/kamenim/samba.git/info/refs not found:
did you run git update-server-info on the server?

Any clues?

Regards,
Frank