Samba4 on Ubuntu - Official Packages

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Nov 28 10:35:23 MST 2010

Hi Sassy,

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 05:55:59PM +0200, Sassy Natan wrote:
> I have just install a new Ubuntu machine 10.10 amb64 and I wanted to use the
> samba4 packages that exists in the Ubuntu repository instead of compiling
> this by myself..
>
> The installation worked but when I was running the provisioning script I get
> this error:

> Seems to me like ldb library is not in the latest version.
The samba 4 packages in Maverick are quite old. Please use the packages
from the PPA instead.

> I plan to use your previous work in order to create a new deb packages.
> Does the https://launchpad.net/~samba-team/+archive/ppa/+packages is where
> you push your code?
Packages based on the code there are already available in the PPA and rebuilt
daily. Why would you need to rebuild them? For instructions on how to install
these packages see
https://launchpad.net/~samba-team/+archive/ppa.

The packages are built daily from the master git branch and the
packaging branch at http://bzr.debian.org/pkg-samba/samba4/unstable.

Cheers,

Jelmer