Samba4 on Ubuntu - Official Packages

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 08:55:59 MST 2010

Hi Jelmer

I have just install a new Ubuntu machine 10.10 amb64 and I wanted to use the
samba4 packages that exists in the Ubuntu repository instead of compiling
this by myself..

The installation worked but when I was running the provisioning script I get
this error:

root at Dev:/tmp# /usr/share/samba/setup/provision
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/samba/setup/provision", line 33, in <module>
    import samba
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/samba/__init__.py", line 45, in
<module>
    from samba._ldb import Ldb as _Ldb
ImportError: /usr/lib/libgensec.so.0: undefined symbol:
_dcerpc_binding_handle_data
root at Dev:/tmp#

Seems to me like ldb library is not in the latest version.

I plan to use your previous work in order to create a new deb packages.
Does the https://launchpad.net/~samba-team/+archive/ppa/+packages is where
you push your code?

Thanks
Sassy