"net -d 10" does not work anymore

Fri Nov 26 09:47:30 MST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 05:18:43PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > Without using the registry smb.conf, this patch certainly fixes things
> > for 'net rpc join', and so I'll submit these patches to autobuild
> > soon.
> >
> > I'm very happy to work with you or others to determine exactly what the
> > issue is with the registry smb.conf backend, but as far as I can tell,
> > that is a distinct issue.
>
> Right now I can't reproduce the problem anymore. I'll let
> you know when I find it again, then with exact instructions
> how to reproduce it.

Ok, here we are:

Current master...

$ git reset --hard 51d4951
$ git clean -dxf
$ cd source3
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --prefix=/home/vlendec/git/tmp-inst
$ make
$ mkdir /home/vlendec/git/tmp-inst
$ make install

/home/vlendec/git/tmp-inst/lib/smb.conf contains two lines:

[global]
debug level = 1

$ /home/vlendec/git/tmp-inst/bin/net registry enumerate hklm -d 10

gives

... debug level 10 output ...

params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file
"/home/vlendec/git/tmp-inst/lib/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
doing parameter debug level = 1
Keyname   = SOFTWARE
Modtime   = Do, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 CET

Keyname   = SYSTEM
Modtime   = Do, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 CET

whereas if I set "debug level = 10" in the smb.conf file, I
get a much more verbose output.

Same happens with an equivalently equipped smb.conf file and
"winbindd -d 10 -i". If required, I will post more exact
instructions to reproduce the winbind case.

Thanks,

Volker