Rewrite:List Servers not implemented.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Nov 24 06:14:13 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 18:39 +0530, hemanth kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I start the named after adding the line include
> "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";
> to named.conf file,named fails to start with error the following msg.
> Starting named:
> Error in named configuration:
> /etc/named.conf:64: open: /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf: file not
> found                                                          [FAILED]
> but the file is very much present in that path.
> anybody got any idea about this?

File permissions?  Can the user named runs as access files in the
"/usr/local/samba/private" directory

setfacl -m u:named:rx /usr/local/samba/private
setfacl -m u:named:r /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf

Also if SE-Linux / Apparmour is enabled it can make named [in a Samba4
config] fail with seemingly spurious error messages.