"net -d 10" does not work anymore

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 24 00:21:26 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 07:31 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 14:07 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 09:14:51PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > Attached is what I've worked out so far, please let me know if it
> > > helps, and what you think.
> >
> > No, sorry, does not help. My smb.conf is:
>
> Did it help with the previous example you gave, when not using the
> registry smb.conf?
>
> I think there are multiple different issues at play here, which is why
> it's quite so confusing.

Without using the registry smb.conf, this patch certainly fixes things
for 'net rpc join', and so I'll submit these patches to autobuild
soon.

I'm very happy to work with you or others to determine exactly what the
issue is with the registry smb.conf backend, but as far as I can tell,
that is a distinct issue.

> Without include=registry, I get the full level 10 for the full operation
> of the command (as far as I can see).  Can you give me a quick guide as
> to how to set up the registry smb.conf backend?

Any clues you or others can give on how to exactly reproduce your
registry backend setup would help me chase down the remaining issue, as
visual examination of the codepaths hasn't been enough.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.