Samba 4 Success but password change problem

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Tue Nov 16 10:06:35 MST 2010

First I want to say great work and thanks for such an impressive piece
of work that is samba4.

I've got a13 setup and running and have a vista pro VM joined to the
domain.  I've been able to create new users via the MMC plugin and I'm
able to login as that user.  However, when I try to change the password
on the newly created user via Windows, it won't allow me saying "Unable
to update the password.  The value provided for the new password does
not meet length, complexity, or history requirements of the domain."

I've tried turning off the default GPO for domain.  I've turned off
complexity.  And I've tried different passwords that should meet all the
requirements, but no luck.

On the other hand, changing the password through windows worked fine for
the domain administrator account.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brian