FileSystem for CTDB

Fábio Cordeiro fabioleandro at pucminas.br
Wed Nov 10 04:12:13 MST 2010

Helo Adam,

I understand  your considerations

About the comments and spaces betwen this lines in configuration files,
this was a Typing mistake, becouse in my real configuration file all
stay without comments.

Another point, i am using CTDB Version 1.0.14 with Linux Fedora14 and
Samba 3.5.7

The GlusterFS is instaled on Ubuntu 10.04 Server.

Before i was using Debian for the CTDB, but this was very heavy and the
LOG file generated many errors, i resolved this errors using Fedora14.

Lets go to my problem:

1) In the file /etc/syconfig/ctdb  I need specifi a place for the lock
file in

CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK=”/mnt/gluster/ctdb.lock” , right ?

Question a) This file ctdb.lock can be any file created for myself, or
the CTDB will create it automatically?

2) In the configuration file of samba, i need share the directory
mounted with the GlusterFS FileSystem, like the code below: rigth ?

[Share]
path=/mnt/gluster/
vfs objects=fileid

Question a): I only have indicate the folder where stay pointing for the
lock file?

Question b): Has more any folder of CTDB that need be share on samba and
place in a point mounted for GlusterFS?

If it is not asking too much, you can send me a configuration file of
CTDB and of SMB (only the part when make reference of the files of CTDB
for me understand better the configuration.

Thanks a lot for your he

Fábio Cordeiro
PUC Minas Guanhães