FileSystem for CTDB

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Wed Nov 10 06:17:38 MST 2010

Hi Fabio,

Fábio Cordeiro wrote:
> Helo Adam,
>
> I understand  your considerations
>
> About the comments and spaces betwen this lines in configuration files,
> this was a Typing mistake, becouse in my real configuration file all
> stay without comments.
>
> Another point, i am using CTDB Version 1.0.14 with Linux Fedora14 and
> Samba 3.5.7
>
> The GlusterFS is instaled on Ubuntu 10.04 Server.
>
> Before i was using Debian for the CTDB, but this was very heavy and the
> LOG file generated many errors, i resolved this errors using Fedora14.
>
> Lets go to my problem:
>
> 1) In the file /etc/syconfig/ctdb  I need specifi a place for the lock
> file in
>
> CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK=”/mnt/gluster/ctdb.lock” , right ?
>
> Question a) This file ctdb.lock can be any file created for myself, or
> the CTDB will create it automatically?

ctdb will create it.
The only constraint is that this should point to a file
in the shared file system.

> 2) In the configuration file of samba, i need share the directory
> mounted with the GlusterFS FileSystem, like the code below: rigth ?
>
> [Share]
> path=/mnt/gluster/
> vfs objects=fileid
>
> Question a): I only have indicate the folder where stay pointing for the
> lock file?

Samba share path are independet of ctdb's lock file.
Only, they should also point to folders in the cluster file system.

> Question b): Has more any folder of CTDB that need be share on samba and
> place in a point mounted for GlusterFS?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
You can define as many samba shares pointing into glusterfs as
you like.

> If it is not asking too much, you can send me a configuration file of
> CTDB and of SMB (only the part when make reference of the files of CTDB
> for me understand better the configuration.

I suggest you read this paper, which contains examples and
explanations:
http://samba.org/~obnox/presentations/sambaXP-2009/samba-and-ctdb.pdf

Cheers - Michael