s4:rpc_server/dcesrv_auth.c - Fix a RPC issue in conjunction with Windows 2000

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 30 06:32:47 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 14:22 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi abartlet,
>
> sorry for the noise but I basically pushed a slightly modified variation
> of your patch, Andrew. And thought that this would be fine for you. And
> yes, it's not a definite solution - since as I stated in the commit
> comment - we need to implement full server signing to cover all aspects.

Yes, and that patch was clearly described as and remains a work in
progress that has well known issues.  Just modifying it until it passes
'make test' without understanding the problem, or what the modifications
did is not a solution.

Please revert, and do not attempt to fix this bug without signoff by
both metze and myself.

I am yet to be convinced that this issue (affecting a now 10 year old OS
that is no longer in receipt of even security fixes) can be safely
fixed.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.