samba4-alpha12 feedback on OpenChange vs latest git rev

Girish V girish.server at gmail.com
Sat May 29 06:50:25 MDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Julien Kerihuel
<j.kerihuel at openchange.org> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Just a small feedback on building openchange vs latest samba4 git rev
> using the waf build system so you know what is going wrong prior alpha12
> is released:
>
> 1. installed pc files:
> pkgconfig files have the wrong library nmae defined in Libs. For example
> for the NDR package, we have: "Libs: -L${libdir} -lndr" while "-L
> ${libdir} -lLIBNDR-samba4" is expected.
>
> 2. installed libraries:
> .so.0 and .so.0.0.1 are created but .so file (symlink) is missing. I had
> to create them manually.
>
> 3. gen_ndr and pidl headers:
> Header files generated by pidl still have local includes path. For
> example gen_ndr/lsa.h still have references to includes.h,
> gen_ndr/security.h still have libcli/*.
>
> I didn't go further this stage. FYI, I have a separated build machine
> for this purpose with openchange modified trunk (to reflect latest
> samba4 API). Feel free to ping me on IRC for testing patches.

Ah.

This explains my compilation breakage. I can't get references to
dcerpc_pipe struct.

I am sure it is the PIDL headers that are goofing up my compile.

Is there a workaround for OpenChange that I can resort to till the
issue is fixed in
upstream Samba git repo?

Thanks.

-Girish