samba4-alpha12 feedback on OpenChange vs latest git rev

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Sat May 29 03:29:19 MDT 2010

Hi List,

Just a small feedback on building openchange vs latest samba4 git rev
using the waf build system so you know what is going wrong prior alpha12
is released:

1. installed pc files:
pkgconfig files have the wrong library nmae defined in Libs. For example
for the NDR package, we have: "Libs: -L${libdir} -lndr" while "-L
${libdir} -lLIBNDR-samba4" is expected.

2. installed libraries:
.so.0 and .so.0.0.1 are created but .so file (symlink) is missing. I had
to create them manually.

3. gen_ndr and pidl headers:
Header files generated by pidl still have local includes path. For
example gen_ndr/lsa.h still have references to includes.h,
gen_ndr/security.h still have libcli/*.

I didn't go further this stage. FYI, I have a separated build machine
for this purpose with openchange modified trunk (to reflect latest
samba4 API). Feel free to ping me on IRC for testing patches.

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Manager

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79