CN=GivenName Initals. Surname vs CN=username when new account is created

Bernd Markgraf bernd.markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Fri May 28 07:21:45 MDT 2010

Hi,

I stumbled over this one too. But so far I haven't seen options to
specify more than a username and password. Because of that I create
"empty" accounts (i.e. only given name, surname, initials and password)
on a windows box and do the real work using a little script. That sets
u/gidnumber, home drive, unixhome and all other things we need.
What would come in handy would be the possibility to "import" passwd
style user lists.

  bernd