Samba 4 alpha whatever raise your hand

Don Brearley donbrearley at hibbing.edu
Mon May 17 16:29:13 MDT 2010

>>> Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> 05/17/10 4:47 PM >>>
>Dear all S4 early adopter,
>
I>'m just curious to know how many people are using or planning to use
>samba4 as domain controller.
>And if it is in production.
>
>Cheers

I recently completed a transition from 3.2 with smbpasswd to 3.5 with ldap and am just beginning
to experiment with S4 with every intention of moving to it within six months, primarily for Windows 7
support.   Tridge's videos are what did it for me :)

I currently support about 1500 students and 250 faculty/staff using Samba on FreeBSD.  We're migrating
to Windows 7 over the summer and I want the back-end there to handle it.