[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 6 15:14:08 MDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 11:14 -0500, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> The branch, master has been updated
>        via  8290007... talloc: Documented the missing string functions.
>       from  516f7c5... Fix SMB2 lock tests up to cancel-by-close.
>
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
>

> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 82900073fb38b8d86fe2b9ef2ef5cd9fabfbaec7
> Author: Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
> Date:   Thu May 6 17:50:26 2010 +0200
>
>     talloc: Documented the missing string functions.

Andreas,

This documentation is good, but I worry that it tells us little more
than what the original function names told us.

There is a critical important difference between the append and
append_buffer routines - that is, the append_buffer routine uses the
fact that the terminating NULL is at the end of the talloc allocated
buffer.  This allowed O(1) construction of long strings, without a new
strlen() each time.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.