removing generated gen_ndr files from git master

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 4 17:19:27 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 07:54 +0200, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Nobody seemed to object to the removal of the gen_ndr files from git,
> so I've put together a patch that does that. Apart from removing lots
> of files, it also fixes the source3/ build to auto-build the IDL files
> when you type make.
>
> This involved two changes:
>
>  1) a dependency on samba3-idl in the all Makefile target
>
>  2) fixing the build_idl.sh scripts (2 of them!) to look for the
>  correct set of output files when deciding if a pidl run was needed
>
> The changes are in my nogenerated branch at:
>
>   git://git.samba.org/tridge/samba.git
>
> please try it. I'll also ask a few people in the hacking room at
> SambaXP to try it, and if there doesn't appear to be any problems I'll
> push to master later today.

It's good to see our new, leaner tree!

I've rebased s3compat on this, but it seems to have broken things.  I'll
take a look at it today, and see if I can figure things out:

I get:

source not found: '../../source3/librpc/gen_ndr/ndr_messaging.c' in
'dir:///scratch/samba-3/source4/s3compat'

I think I just need to add some rules to invoke PIDL.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.