prob crash 3.5.1 segflt log_level

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Mar 31 07:33:10 MDT 2010

Hi Heiko,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 02:16:06PM +0200, Heiko L. wrote:
> I compiled 3.5.1.
> but smbd crashed, if log_level > 0
> In according to [1] should be fixed at 3.5.1.
>
> Is it...?

the patch attached to bug #7251 is included in the latest SerNet Samba
packages, but not in the upstream Samba 3.5.1 sources.
As you compiled from source, I guess you hit exactly this bug.

> Is my problem (s. detail) fixed at 3.5.2?

The patch mentioned above will be included in 3.5.2 So there is a good
chance that your problem will be solved then. You could also re-compile
with the patch applied to make sure that it's exactly this issue.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Karolin

--