Patch for whatsnew

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Tue Mar 30 00:50:01 MDT 2010

On 29/03/2010 23:40, Sassy Natan wrote:
> Hi Matthieu
>
> Nice work with the winbind.
> I was wonder if u can give me some help with this issue
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20100127.124344.7361f914.en.html

Well in this mail you said that you are using nscd, I know that it is
not recommended to use winbind and nscd try first without this daemon.
> It seems that winbind still have trouble with samba3 over samba4.
>
> I talked to *Andrew* Bartlett about this issue but he didn't figure out what
> is the problem his.
>
> The feedback he gave me was to create a tcpdump in a pacp format.
> I did it, but I don't know what to do with it.

Send it to us :-)
Well I guess now is a bit outdated, you should recreate one and also do
a net export keytab mykeytab.krb on your s4 dc and send us also the
keytab so that we can decrypt stuff.
Be careful to send us only tests domain as keytab will contains md4 hash
of your password (so depending on the strength of them it can be pretty
easy to guess them and it's also very easy to reuse the md4 to pretend
to be you ...) and the trace can contain sensitive data.