SMB Traffic Analyzer V2

Holger Hetterich hhetter at novell.com
Mon Mar 8 12:46:13 MST 2010

Am Samstag, 13. Februar 2010 00:20:56 schrieb Holger Hetterich:
> Hi Samba team,
>
> on git://github.com/hhetter/smb-traffic-analyzer.git,
> or http://github.com/hhetter/smb-traffic-analyzer.git,
>
> in the "master" branch, you can find the protocol version 2
> implementation of vfs_smb_traffic_analyzer. The repository
> is rebased to the current samba.org master branch.
>
> Development took very long, as I had to adapt my life to a newborn
> daughter and because I need to write a working receiver in parallel of
> the module development.

I would like to ask, is anyone willing to help me in getting this forward?
(aka reviewing and commiting). I am not able to plan the long term goals
of the project (development of the client), without the commitment of
samba.org to the V2 protocol.

And yes, I know the last time was pretty stressed, because of the release
of 3.5.0 etc. Please understand this message as a friendly ping.

- It doesn't change _anything_ in Samba's base code
- It only affects the module and adds a utility

As the development was based on evolution (developing the receiver in
parallel), some of the patches aren't that straightforward. I recommend,
should anyone be able to take the time to help me, looking at a complete
diff of vfs_smb_traffic_analyzer.c might be the best way to do it.

I am happy if it would go into master, and at the same time would like to
ask: Is a release with 3.5.1 possible?

Holger

--
Holger Hetterich, hhetter at novell.com,