Corrupted GPO

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Jun 29 03:37:48 MDT 2010

  Hi George,

> I'm using Samba 4 alpha12 from about 6 months in a production environment
> with ~ 150 users. Yesterday I have created an new GPO and when I was adding
> users on the security section I was started to receive error messages like:
> "There is not enough space on the disk", "Cannot find object", etc.
> This turned in to an corrupted GPO, basically now I can't see the existing
> GPOs and I can't delete the new created GPO...
What tool are you using ? gpmc ? can you send a screenshot ?

What is the content of
/usr/local/samba/private/lockdir/sysvol/<domain>/Policies

What is the result of  ldbsearch -s sub -H ldap://localhost -b
CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=... dn ?
> I need a way similar with: dcgpofix /ignoreschema (this can be runed only
> from Windows 2003)
> to fix the GPOs.
> I didn't tried (yet) to add an Windows 2003 on the domain and try from
> there.

We do not have (yet) this kind of tool, feel free to send us a patch to
implement it !

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org