s4: rid pool and other provision fixes

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sat Jun 26 02:23:09 MDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

>> And x is always 0, but I found that we need to create the RID Set for the
>> local dc in provision, instead of runtime (when the first account is
>> created).
>
> If we do this (and your logic sounds correct), then please add a test
> that creates a new RID set manually in the testsuite.  The 'make test'
> vampire DC code - when eventually landed - should do this implicitly,
> but an explicit test would be better.  Otherwise, I fear that this code
> will be untested, or when tested not easily debugged.
>
> I understand there may already be a bug here, caused by the way the rid
> allocation code interacts with the objectclass_attrs code.

after a 'make test TESTS=large.dc' we have this

dn: CN=RID Set,CN=LOCALDC,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com
rIDUsedPool: 1
rIDAllocationPool: 1600-2099
rIDPreviousAllocationPool: 1600-2099
rIDNextRID: 2003

after a full 'make test' we have this:

dn: CN=RID Set,CN=LOCALDC,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com
rIDUsedPool: 3
rIDAllocationPool: 2600-3099
rIDPreviousAllocationPool: 2600-3099
rIDNextRID: 2859

I think we don't need more explicit tests.

metze