s4: rid pool and other provision fixes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 25 17:11:43 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 15:36 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> And x is always 0, but I found that we need to create the RID Set for the
> local dc in provision, instead of runtime (when the first account is
> created).

If we do this (and your logic sounds correct), then please add a test
that creates a new RID set manually in the testsuite.  The 'make test'
vampire DC code - when eventually landed - should do this implicitly,
but an explicit test would be better.  Otherwise, I fear that this code
will be untested, or when tested not easily debugged.

I understand there may already be a bug here, caused by the way the rid
allocation code interacts with the objectclass_attrs code.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.