dcerpc_register_ep_server missing in installed libs

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Mon Jun 14 05:06:08 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 03:45 +0200, Julien Kerihuel wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> OpenChange now compiles again vs latest samba4-git waf build and our
> provisioning works properly with samba4 schemas.
>
> There's a minor fix to provide: dcerpc_samr.pc tells us to use
> dcerpc_samr while dcerpc-samr is installed.
>
> More problematic, our whole server infrastructure relies on the
> dcerpc_register_ep_server function located in
> rpc_server/dcerpc_server.c. However it looks like the file is only used
> locally by other endpoints and not exported into any installed
> libraries.
>
> If I remember correctly, these symbols were previously exported within
> the dcerpc library. Can someone have a look at this?

I guess I was completely wrong about this one. The symbol was also
marked as undefined in our DSO using previous samba4 version.

It still doesn't work but I have not yet figured out why yet. Maybe just
a pointer, the problem occurs when we run samba process when it tries to
load our dcerpc_server/dcesrv_mapiproxy.so within samba.

Could this be related to the way samba4 now loads external modules?

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Manager

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79