Another tcpdumps

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Jun 12 16:43:33 MDT 2010

Hi Lukasz,

So as a work around for you, you can just reprovision but with the level
of 2003.
It will not generated AES keys just rc4 and it be just ok with samba3.

Otherwise can you try to do so:

* add
   default_tkt_enctypes =  aes256-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1
arcfour-hmac des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
   default_tgs_enctypes =  aes256-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1
arcfour-hmac des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
  to the libdefaults section of your /etc/krb5.conf

ie it should be something like:

[libdefaults]
   default_realm = HOME.MATWS.NET
   dns_lookup_realm = false
   dns_lookup_kdc = false
   ticket_lifetime = 24h
   forwardable = yes
   default_tkt_enctypes =  aes256-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1
arcfour-hmac des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
   #default_tkt_enctypes =  rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac
des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
   default_tgs_enctypes =  aes256-cts rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1
arcfour-hmac des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
   #default_tgs_enctypes =  rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac
des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc

* do kdestroy
* do kinit user at DOMAIN
* do smbclient //orinoco/ipc\$ -k and see if it works.

The change that I introduced is to make your smb ticket be aes encoded
instead of rc4-hmac, so that we can see if you have the pb on unix as well.

I made a few tests it seems that if we don't know the aes key for
someone s4 return the correct encryption ticket, that means that if a
user supporting aes is requesting a ticket for a principal which do not
have a aes key, this ticket will be encoded with rc4 even if it can be
wrapped into a aes encoded AS-REP message (if the s4 host has an aes key
for itself).

The question is do we generate an aes key for a s3 host ? I think so
even if the host didn't manage this encryption (I made the tests with a
xp client and that isn't working and xp didn't support AES).

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org