Vampire procedure fails
abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 8 22:17:08 MDT 2010
On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 17:06 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi Zahari,
> well, every time when we add some stricter constraint checking something
> might fail. Here it's exactly like this.
> I really don't know much about the vampire process, so maybe someone can
> help to fix this: on the normal provision we import the schema, load it
> and only then the "objectclass_attrs" module does work. How it works on
> a vampire? Could we already have a schema when we load another one?
> If this is true and not changeable then the only fix would be to
> deactivate the attribute constraint checking when the "relax" flag is
Firstly, I would say that 'relax' is not the correct solution here.
There is a full schema loaded at this time, that has been imported over
DRSUAPI. It is a little different to that which we load from the DB or
LDIF, and this sometimes causes bugs (I've tried to resolve this, but
it's quite difficult).
We need to see what state the offending entry is in at the time of the
failed check. We should also check to see that the list of valid
attributes has been expanded correctly into strings - the DRS protocol
only gives them as integers, and this is the cause of many of the issues
This is also why it's critical to get the vampire test into 'make test'.
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the samba-technical