Samba4 WMI client

Andrey Kondakov andreykondakov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:02:31 MDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to replace several old-fashion samba-3.0.X tricks with easier
access to remote hosts using WMI implementation running on Linux.
That's why I'm really interested in WMI client appearing in Samba4,
particularly, in running processes remotely.

I discovered a lot of relevant stuff in WMI sources but it seems to me that
these bits are not compiled into any Samba binary. I hope to learn why
it is commented out and if it's possible to use existing code anyway.
Additionally, it will be nice to hear current status of WMI functionality
since my desire is
to enter into WMI code and extend it with necessary/new things.

I have enough time to make additional investigations and make the code
working, at least performing the most critical functions.
The only thing that I hope to learn from you is the feature status and
possible pitfalls.

I will appreciate for any help.

Andrey