Vampire against Windows 2008 R2 64-bit is BORKEN

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 1 18:26:39 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 21:28 +0300, Zahari Zahariev wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Your gut feeling about my Windows 2008 R2 64bit was exactly right!
>
> I set up a second regular 32bit Windows 2008 (SP1) and at functional level
> 2008 (its maximum) our vampire worked just OK where at the same functional
> level on the 64bit Windows 2008 R2 it fails just in the beginning.
>
> I am sending you debug level 100 of the vampire on the 64bit Windows 2008 R2
> at functional level 2008.
>
> Thanks!

It would seem that this is the problem:
       drsuapi_DsGetNCChanges: struct drsuapi_DsGetNCChanges
        out: struct drsuapi_DsGetNCChanges
         result                   : WERR_DS_DRA_SOURCE_DISABLED

Of course, why it gives that error is an entirely different matter, that
we may wish to look for assistance from Microsoft with, if we can't
figure it out ourselves.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.