passwords.py patch

Nadezhda Ivanova nivanova at samba.org
Thu Jul 1 09:04:50 MDT 2010

Hi Matthias,
As I explained, you are correct but I do not have the time currently to
adapt all the tests this way, but we have to start somewhere.  And the need
for it is that I lost half a day wandering what the hell is going on and why
I cant run the tests against Windows. Before that was the same with
dsHeuristics. Things like that make shared effort very difficult. Since you
dont like it as it is, I will not push the patch, but I will make the acl.py
work this way, because I believe that using a previously modified
installation can warp test results, and every test should do its own
required configuration. I will let you fix passwords.py in a way you feel
suitable after I push the ACL fix.

About the access rights:
Nope, the test still does not pass against Samba 4, I have not pushed the
ACL patch yet. Before I do that I take a lot of time to understand the
proper behavior, as this is a tricky area. That is why I bother with
passwords.py. I did the small change you describe against Windows, and the
negative test failed with insufficient access rights instead of unwilling to
perform. And I really can't see how this can be another configuration issue.
Have you run them against Windows with testuser instead of Administrator?

Regards,
Nadya