Some help needed getting some more winbind tests to work

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Wed Jan 13 15:01:27 MST 2010

Hi folks,

Some time ago metze and obnox were working on some tests for the struct-based
winbind protocol. I've noticed that these tests aren't currently run, and
have bit-rotted a bit. I've tried to fix most of these issues, and have the
tests passing in S3 "make selftest". However, the netbios_name test still
breaks in S3 "make test". This is due to the fact that when being run via
make test, the code can't find a torture setting, falls back to a config file
lookup, which contains the wrong hostname, and thus the test fails.

Metze had some suggestions on how this could be fixed, but I haven't managed
to quite get this to work yet. In any case, I'd appreciate some reviews on
the patches so far before I push them. You can find the patches at

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=kai/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=winbind_torture_test_fixes

or git://git.samba.org/kai/samba/wip.git branch winbind_torture_test_fixes

Cheers, and thanks in advance.
Kai
--
Kai Blin