Security Groups in Samba4

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Jan 9 19:50:57 MST 2010

Hi Kai,

 > However, I'm not sure what the best way to add users to S4 currently is. So
 > maybe one of the S4 devs should have a look at that.

either "net newuser" or use the windows users admin tool (assuming you
are using a recent git master checkout)

 > S4 winbind does not correctly handle groups yet, which is likely to be the
 > actual cause of your troubles.

Rusty and I have successfully tested the s3 winbind with a s4 domain
controller, so that is another option. A s4 DC now has enough of ADS
that s3 net join and winbind works nicely.

Cheers, Tridge