Security Groups in Samba4

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sat Jan 9 04:54:14 MST 2010

On Saturday 09 January 2010 10:21:14 you wrote:
> Hi Kai,
>
> Any plans to plan to update the HOW TO?? or if possible please provide the
> steps on how to set groups on the directories "chown command"??

I'd just go and delete that whole part of the howto, as it also recommends the
use of the deprecated and deactivated swat interface to set up things.
However, I'm not sure what the best way to add users to S4 currently is. So
maybe one of the S4 devs should have a look at that.

S4 winbind does not correctly handle groups yet, which is likely to be the
actual cause of your troubles. I seem to remember that allocating gids for
groups works just fine, but so far listing group members is not supported. If
the "permissions are not working" part you're seeing could be explained by a
failure to figure out if a user is member of a specific group, the lack of
winbind functionality sounds like a safe bet.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin