Recycle Bin activation test cases

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Feb 24 19:00:06 MST 2010

Hi Eduardo,

 > I have implemented the recycle bin activation test cases:
 > http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/eduardoll.git/commit/8dad1f8811322e1a474343b9bb06139138cde5d3

This is really nice, thanks! You're really starting to get the hang of
our python test suites.

 > 1 - I wrote the test cases in the same file of the deletion test cases:
 > deletetest.py as a new test class. Is it better to move it to a new file?

I think it's fine in the same file.

 > 2 - Once recycle bin is activated it can't be deactivated. So, after the
 > tests, the sam.ldb database will have the Recycle Bin enabled. Is there a
 > way to rollback the database to the previous state?

we could, but I don't think we need to. Having the recycle bin enabled
should not break any of our other tests.

 > 3 - It only runs on 2008_R2 functional level, that is not the samba's
 > default level.

I think at this stage we should switch over Samba4 in 'make test' to
default to the 2K8_R2 functional level. That means we need to modify
the provision slightly to make the --function-level option to
provision work with the R2 level, then we need to make the provision
done in 'make test' use that level.

Do you want to start looking at that, or do you want some pointers on
how to do it?

 > Vampire of domain failed: Connection to SAMR pipe of PDC for
 > adr2.ltc.inovasoft.unicamp.br failed: Connection to DC failed:
 > NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

hmm, I don't know what would be causing this. Can you put a more
complete log somewhere, and maybe a wireshark capture?

Cheers, Tridge