setup/provision error on first setup

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Mon Feb 8 04:56:06 MST 2010

Hi,

>> You compiled, ran "make install", then provision, and got this error?
>>
> Yes!
> git clone
> autogen.sh
> configure --with-sqlite3 --prefix /home/michele/samba_install
> make
> make install
> provision and error
>

>> Which version of samba4 are you using?
>>
> The last from git
Looks like we have a problem with provision, I'm trying to understand if
it's my patches that caused it or if it's a more general one.
For the moment to solve your pb try to add
--target-dir=/home/michele/samba_install to the provision arguments.
You might also need to start samba wit the following parameter: -s
/home/michele/samba_install/etc/smb.conf

Matthieu