setup/provision error on first setup

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Mon Feb 8 05:13:52 MST 2010

Matthieu Patou <mat+Informatique.Samba <at> matws.net> writes:

> Looks like we have a problem with provision, I'm trying to understand if
> it's my patches that caused it or if it's a more general one.
> For the moment to solve your pb try to add
> --target-dir=/home/michele/samba_install to the provision arguments.

I think you mean --targetdir since the previous doesn't work

> You might also need to start samba wit the following parameter: -s
> /home/michele/samba_install/etc/smb.conf

It works!

Two other things:
- I need / want to change the realm and domain. How I can? If I re-try to use
provision, I receive an error.
- When the error is raised, a "wrong message" are shown. I think that the python
code have to be changed from:

samba.provisionexceptions.ProvisioningError: ("guess_names: Realm '%s' in
smb.conf must match chosen realm '%s'!", 'YOUR.REALM', 'NEW.LOCAL')

to:
samba.provisionexceptions.ProvisioningError: ("guess_names: Realm '%s' in
smb.conf must match chosen realm '%s'!" % 'YOUR.REALM', 'NEW.LOCAL')

printf confusing? :)

Michele