maximum NTLM_AUTH/Winbind concurrent request

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Dec 16 22:56:57 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 22:36 +0000, Tharanga Abeyseela (RGA) wrote:
> I was trying to put winbind max clients directive in smb.conf. but testparam doesn’t like it. (3.5.6).
> Is there any limitations to WINBINDD_MAX_CLIENTS in include/local.h ? I increased that to 2000. Can it cause any impact on performance ? memory allocation issues etc ?

It certainly could cause both: I would suspect walk over the list - both
in select and in the linked list fairly often, but given the alternative
why not try it?

Also, the faster we can process the actual logon requests, the better
this will handle.  Have an AD DC very close to your Samba server, and
ensure it uses it.