Windows 7 selecting wrong DC from replicated Samba4 setup

Axel Gembe derago at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 02:46:28 MST 2010

I have a Samba4 setup where I replicate the domain in 2 sites, each
having their own subnet. This works fine except that my Windows computer
seems to select the wrong DC (non-local) until I bring it down. If it is
down, it uses the local DC and all is well, but otherwise I have quite
some delay. It should prefer the DC that is in the local subnet
according to this document:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247811

I've tried everything I could think of and don't get it to use the
correct DC. Any help ?

  - Axel