SLIST_ENTRY (was Re: mac mini build broken)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Dec 12 20:12:27 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 12:55 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hi Love,
>
> After some digging I found the reason of the problem that affected mac
> minis but also openbsd, and netbsd.
>
> On this platform sys/queue.h is included by net/if.h and this include
> happen quite early in the include tree.
>
> But heimdal/lib/roken/roken-common.h do an #undef of SLIST_ENTRY (it's
> written that it's needed for WinNT) but this undef apply to all the
> platforms.
>
> What I did is to change the scope of this undef, so that it apply in the
> case where _WIN32 is defined, see changeset 533ba5a

Matthieu,

Thanks for chasing this down.  As you probably know, each import of
Heimdal takes multiple days to complete at test, even just to get it
working on Linux, let alone other hosts.  It's difficult to also address
portability across all our other hosts at the same time, and even more
difficult to pin-point what part of the import has caused the issue,
which is why I've been unable to jump on this issue in the timeframe you
had hoped.

Anyway, as regards this particular issue, I suspect this may be another
problem cased by the way we include "system/network.h" in our
heimdal_build/roken.h replacement (which then includes roken.h.in).

That's needed to ensure we do socket_wrapper correctly in the Samba
build system, but has exposed similar header ordering challenges like
this in the past.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.