Fw: Shared library errors running smbtorture in V3.2.0 and higher

Charles Bryant cjbryant at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 2 09:46:52 MST 2010

 Volker,
        Hello, and thank you for your smbtorture forum post!  Your
suggestion of using the envar LD_LIBRARY_PATH did the trick.  After
setting and exporting it, I was able to run smbtorture once again.  Thank
you!

~Charlie

----- Forwarded by Charles Bryant/Endicott/IBM on 12/02/2010 11:43 AM
-----

Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE>
12/02/2010 04:28 AM
Please respond to
Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE

Charles Bryant/Endicott/IBM at IBMUS
cc
samba-technical at lists.samba.org
Subject
Re: Shared library errors running smbtorture in V3.2.0 and higher

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 02:28:09PM -0500, Charles Bryant wrote:
> Hello,
>        I am a frequent user of the smbtorture tool which always has
> compiled and run fine on Redhat Linux machine running kernel level
> 2.6.9-89.0.25.
>        I decided to upgrade from V3.0.37 to V3.2.0 and something has
> changed as I know receive shared library errors attempting to use the
> newly compiled smbtorture binary:
>
> ./smbtorture: error while loading shared libraries: libwbclient.so.0:
> cannot openshared object file: No such file or directory.

You might want to either copy bin/libwbclient.so and
bin/libwbclient.so.0 to a place where your dynamic linker
can find it, or add the place where those two files are
located to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9