TDB2 Alpha release....

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Dec 1 09:10:34 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 00:04 +1030, Rusty Russell wrote:
> Hi all!
>
>     After a few weeks of hacking, TDB2 is now almost presentable.  There's
> stuff missing (both in terms of minor tdb1 functionality and the tdb2 design
> doc) but the basic format is now working, and transactions are implemented.
>
> I'll be hacking more on it in the coming days, but you can find the current
> state (as always) in CCAN, as a tarball or in the CCAN git tree:
>
> See:
> 	http://ccan.ozlabs.org/info/tdb2.html
>
> In particular, the design doc has been updated with status.
>
> My next immediate tasks are:
> 1) Implement missing functionality from tdb1.
> 2) Implement the promises in the design doc re: extensibility and
>    multiple opens.
> 3) Performance testing using ldb traces.

Hi rusty, id tdb2 supposed to be API compatible ?
(I guess not).

If not wouldn't it make sense to rename functions to use the prefix
tdb2_ so that if you combine 2 libraries that use the 2 tdb versions at
the same time you don't get nasty name conflicts ? (It would also allow
slow adoption within the samba source code).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce