how can i backup my whole active directory database from samba

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 05:17:04 MDT 2010

Hi

On 25 August 2010 12:53, hesam mohamadian <hesam.mohamadian at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry Micheal for my writting , my question is upgrade from samba4
> alpha9+OpenLDAP to samba4 alpha11+LDB?

As I said, I think it would be better to ask this question on the
samba-technical mailing list, which I have copied.

> i have samba 4 alpha 9 Active Directory that windows client can join to it
> and i download samba4 alpha11.tar.gz from samba site and i want to upgrade
> my samba4 alpha 9 to samba4 alpha 11 without loosing any data and
> configuration like user passwords , policies and ... what should i exactly
> do
> Thank you so much

Maybe the upgrade-provision script will work for you, but I don't know
for sure.  Also, it might be best if you use the latest version from
GIT instead of the alpha11.tar.gz.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>