Able to help me merging the privilege code?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 19 21:06:20 MDT 2010

Michael,

A while back we talked about the possibility of merging the privileges,
code, given how close the NT_USER_TOKEN and struct security_token are.

It seems to me that there is some tricky stuff in the LSA code,
particularly around the infamous nt printer migration tool to watch out
for, but it looks quite practical.

Do you think we could collaborate to merge these structures?

The aim would be to then share source3/lib/util_seaccess.c with
source4/libcli/security/util_seaccess.c, as well as eventually things
like the access checking in SAMR.

(Changes to unify the structure - removing a * - without changing
privileges are in my session-info branch)

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.