Able to help me merging the privilege code?

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Sun Aug 22 16:56:20 MDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Michael,
>
> A while back we talked about the possibility of merging the privileges,
> code, given how close the NT_USER_TOKEN and struct security_token are.

It is a little embarassing, but I don't really remember that.
So it must have been a rather superficial discussion (or with
someone else). Don't be mad at me when I am forgot something
here... But so what, it sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

> It seems to me that there is some tricky stuff in the LSA code,
> particularly around the infamous nt printer migration tool to watch out
> for, but it looks quite practical.
>
> Do you think we could collaborate to merge these structures?

I have no objections at all, but you would have to be patient with
me since I don't have a lot of continuous time at the moment, and
more importantly, I might not be the expert on that code that
you seem to think I am. ;)

> The aim would be to then share source3/lib/util_seaccess.c with
> source4/libcli/security/util_seaccess.c, as well as eventually things
> like the access checking in SAMR.
>
> (Changes to unify the structure - removing a * - without changing
> privileges are in my session-info branch)

That sounds like a good start.

Cheers - Michael