import heimdal questions

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Aug 15 11:01:42 MDT 2010

  Hello Love,

I'm trying to import heimdal in s4 to be able to tests your change in
hx509 area.

I'm having this error message:
default/source4/lib/ldb/libldb-samba4.so: undefined reference to
`hc_DH_ltm_method'
default/source4/lib/ldb/libldb-samba4.so: undefined reference to
`hc_RSA_tfm_method'
default/source4/lib/ldb/libldb-samba4.so: undefined reference to
`hc_DH_tfm_method'
default/source4/lib/ldb/libldb-samba4.so: undefined reference to
`hc_RSA_ltm_method'
default/source4/lib/ldb/libldb-samba4.so: undefined reference to
`hc_rsa_tfm_method'

As rgrep hc_RSA_tfm_method * -I 2>/dev/null  gives:

heimdal/lib/hcrypto/rsa.h:#define RSA_tfm_method hc_RSA_tfm_method
heimdal-new/lib/hcrypto/libhcrypto-exports.def:    hc_RSA_tfm_method
heimdal-new/lib/hcrypto/rsa.h:#define RSA_tfm_method hc_RSA_tfm_method
heimdal-new/lib/hcrypto/version-script.map:        hc_RSA_tfm_method;
'import-heimdal shell'>make

I guess that we should have libhcrypto-export.def and version-script.map
in our heimdal copy but as I'm not familiar with the library packaging I
don't know how to do it.

Also I'm a bit surprised that I don't find the definition of the
function hc_RSA_tfm_method anywhere in the code, did I miss something ?

I had a similar problem with the function  _krb5_expand_path_tokens
which seems comming out of nowhere and was used in lib/krb5/cache.c (in
this case I managed to revert your patch just to see if I'm able to
build s4).

Please give me some advices!

Matthieu

--